About this product
Extra Electrode Pads for your TENS Machine
Extra Electrode Pads are available to use with our TENS machine. Each pack of extra Electrode Pads comes with 4 extra pads 50x50mm.
Gladly, the TENS Machine comes with 4 pads but over time they may lose a little of their stickiness. This can be due to oil on the skin or not storing them properly. Whatever the reason, its always good to have some extras!
If you are unfamiliar with what a TENS machine is, read on! 🧐
Chronic Pain Treatment
Are you suffering from chronic pain? You need chronic pain treatment and this little device could provide the pain relief solution you have been looking for! How does it work you ask? The brain can’t receive two stimuli at one time from the same area so placing the electrodes over the area that you are experiencing pain, results in the brain feeling the TENS stimulation rather than the pain you are feeling.
Chronic Pain Treatment 3 in 1
• 3-IN-1 COMBO - A great non-invasive way to relieve both acute and chronic pain. Small and portable, this TENS machine can aid pain relief for therapeutic effects and also has a massage setting and EMS which, in some cases, can actually build muscle faster.
• It can be used on a wide range of chronic and acute pain conditions due to exercise or normal household and work activities including cervical, lower back, lumbago, leg pain, sciatica, arthritis, tendonitis, fractures, tennis elbow and muscle and joint pain.
• Classic TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) incorporates a wide variety of output combinations ensuring more effective treatment. A TENS machine is thought to decrease or block the pain signals to the brain by stimulating the nerves. It is also thought to be able to retrain nerves over time. 9 Pre-set programs.
• EMS (Electronic Muscle Simulation) program may simulate healthy muscles in order to help improve and facilitate muscle performance, aides stimulation of healthy muscle contraction, helps to strengthen muscles and builds muscle endurance.
• Massage This chronic pain treatment machine has the option of a massage program for relaxing effects as well as managing your pain. The vibrations help to loosen tight muscles. It has kneading, rubbing & tapping settings as well as a continuous setting.
Chronic Pain Treatment Electrode Pads
• 4 Electrode pads, allowing for multiple areas to be treated at once.
• 22 programs and 40 intensity levels. Five modes: B (Burst), N (Normal), M (Pulse Rate Modulation), SD1 (Pulse Duration Modulation) and SD2 (Pulse Duration Modulation) Ability to alter program parameters manually.
• Timer of 15 ,30, 60 minutes (or 15, 30, Continuous)
Did you know that a TENS chronic pain treatment machine can actually help produce endorphins? Woo Hoo!
Injuries usually come with some degree of inflammation and pain. Pain warns us to protect the area that is injured to prevent further damage from occurring. However, it is not uncommon for pain to remain beyond the point of effectiveness. In these cases, where the area has been treated for dysfunction, and yet the pain lingers, a device for chronic pain treatment like this is extremely beneficial. A TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) machine is designed to trick the brain into no longer feeling the nagging pain of the injury. This occurs due to the phenomenon called pain gate control.
Chronic Pain Treatment Pain Gate Control
The nerve fibres that transmit pain are thin, whereas the nerves that transmit other forms of stimulation, like touch, or the electrical stimulation, such as that perceived by this device, are transmitted on larger fibres. As a result when the two stimuli are occurring at the same time, the messages transmitted by the larger nerve fibres are received by the brain faster, so the pain messages may, in effect, blocked out.
Along the length of any muscle you are wishing to treat, or above and below a joint if you are wishing to use it to treat the joint. Above any area of pain to trigger the pain gate control phenomenon. The pamphlet that comes with the machine gives extensive pictures of a multitude of areas of the body with electrode placements suggestions for each.
As with all electronic devices like this one, the following precautions need to be abided by:
- Do not use if you have a pacemaker or any metallic or electronic devices within your body
- Do not use over damaged, inflamed, fresh scars or reddened skin
- Do not use over cancerous lesions
- Avoid use on the head, face, neck, groin, genitals